Where have I been? What did I accomplish?
What would I do differently?”
of my home study where I hold my sessions."
A Working Philosophy
I have a degree in Psychology and a degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I keep my professional skills up to date with regular training and Continued Professional Development as required by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
In psychological terms, I belong to the Phenomenological, Existential and Humanistic tradition, where one tends to regard the person holistically. This means that diagnosing problems or a person is not the main concern, rather focusing on the person as a whole, and trying to understand the person’s experienced reality.
This way the assistance will be in harmony with the ‘person’, something which enhances and speeds up the growth processes. This does not mean that other theories or Schools of Psychology including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) are not considered, as there are many ways to understand problems.
But the aim would be to start with the individual’s own life-world, and hopefully by working in collaboration and through inner reflections succeeding a better understanding in leading a much fulfilled life.
“Thank you for helping me slowly become ‘me’ again”.
The following UK recognised Institutes
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP (Accred)[Visit Website]
- Member of the British Emotionally Focused Therapy Centre BEFT [Visit Website]
- Member of British Psychological Society (BPS) [Visit Website]
- Member of the United Kingdom Register of Counsellors/Psychotherapists (UKRCP) [Visit Website]
- Member of the International Centre for the Excellence in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (ICEEFT) and have completed their externship and advanced training programme in Couples Therapy. [Visit Website]
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
I keep my professional skills up to date with regular training and Continued Professional Training (CPD) as required by the BACP.
“We had individual as well as couple’s counselling with Salma. Salma’s counselling interactive approach is different to what we have experienced before. We found her method to counselling very effective in addressing issues of concern”.
Darius & partner.